Hearing Aid Care: Cleaning & Phone Connectivity
Hearing Instrument Compatibility & Connectivity:
Here you can learn which connectivity solutions your Oticon hearing aids support: https://www.oticon.com/support/compatibility
Hearing Instrument Care:
- Your hearing instruments are resistant to water, sweat, and dust, however after exposure to any of these, clean and dry your hearing instruments.
- Daily – inspect the instruments and earpiece(s) for earwax and moisture. Clean the surface with a lint-free cloth, or use the small brush provided.
- Do not use cleaning agents such as detergents or soap.
- Weekly – clean your hearing instrument(s) and earpiece(s) with a soft, damp cloth.
- If you have wax guards, check these regularly and exchange them when they are dirty. We recommend replacing every 3-4 weeks or more often as needed.
To replace, insert the removal side of the exchange tool into the used wax guard. Carefully pull and remove the wax guard. Turn the tool over to insert the new wax guard. Gently push the new wax guard into the hole of the speaker. Pull the tool straight out and the new wax guard will remain in place.
- If you have receiver-in-canal instruments, remove the earpiece (dome) from the speaker by holding the speaker with one hand and the earpiece with the other. Switch out the wax guard and clean the speaker with a lint-free cloth.
Feel free to email our office email@example.com or give us a call (512) 704-7447 Monday through Thursday 9am to 4pm with any questions.